Even though it is still winter, does not mean the weather is going to be that way forever. This is probably the time when you don’t have to buy winterwear anymore but you can start planning your spring wardrobe whatsoever. However, that does not mean you have to go shopping and spend your money unnecessarily. There are a lot of clothes in our wardrobe that we don’t wear at all.
So, how about we plan this more cleverly? Read the entire piece to prune down your existing hoard of summer and winter clothes, and of course, buy strategically to fill the gaps.
Get rid of any clothes that don’t fit
To start with, you have to get rid of all the clothes that don’t fit you. Yes, this might sound a little difficult to do because let us face it, we are all attached to our entire wardrobes. So, take out the clothes that don’t fit or maybe never did or even the ones you don’t like. For this step, you have to be brutal. You can also consider donating them if some of them are in a good condition.
Get rid of any clothes that don’t suit you
One of the most honest mistakes we make when buying clothes is to buy something that does not look good on us. Maybe it is the right time that you discard such clothes and give your wardrobe a whole new makeover.
No matter how much you love that piece, you have never worn it and you are probably not going to wear it no matter what. So, the best thing to do is discard them.
Get some inspiration
Once you have narrowed down your existing wardrobe, you just have to think about some style inspiration. Also, make sure the inspiration is coming from the right places. For that, you will have to follow a few steps:
- You should know your body shape and colors that suit you. Now just pick some inspirations that match these.
- Find people who you think have a good dressing sense, people who are your style heroes. These can be anyone; friends, celebrities, or even style influencers.
- Flip the pages of fashion magazines, Pinterest, and even Instagram to know what is in trend these days. This will help you to keep up with the trend.
Start Buying New Pieces
Once you know what is in trend and have got some inspiration to make it happen, you have to buy a few pieces. Shop for pieces that fill in the gaps in your wardrobe. Try to shop both ways; invest in standalone pieces as well as items that will work with clothes you already have so that you can put together great outfits.
Below are some recommendations to consider for spring and summer:
• A short, lightweight coat for cooler spring days and even showers.
• Floral midi dresses that will help you from spring to summer.
• A pair of linen pants and some tops to pair them up with.
• A versatile denim jacket.
• A cross-body bag that is enough to contain everything you need for a day.
• A pair of wedges, sneakers, and strappy sandals that will go with all your dresses.
• Mend and repair garments
Apart from purchasing a few new pieces, you can also mend and repair garments which will save you a lot of money. In fact, if you know how to mend or sew any piece of clothing, it can be easy and rewarding. You just have to keep a sewing kit handy so you can easily re-attach buttons and mend the ripped ones to make your favorites last longer. You can even add your own flair to your garments by mending a hole with an unexpected pattern or textured fabric.
So, the above pointers will help you to prepare your wardrobe for the coming seasons. Fashion is an expression of self-love and it can only be shown through amazing pieces of clothing.
Although winter is still going on you can start sorting out your wardrobe so you don’t have to waste any time sorting it later. Also, look for deals and coupon codes that can make your purchase pocket-friendly and economic.
Leave a Reply