I know, especially you Kagay-anons, learned about what is new in this big city today. Well, to those busy bees, let me inform you that the famous S & R Membership Shopping is already here in Cagayan de Oro!
Standing big and tall at Kauswagan Hi-way, S & R Membership Shopping reintroduced the best things about warehouse shopping, a practice typical to other countries like US. It is so fortunate that I was invited to a site tour and press conference before the grand launch yesterday. So let me share what I love about S & R Membership Shopping.
1. The idea of membership. Being a member means that you belong! Might be in a family, circle of friends, or thesis group. It’s just that here at S & R, it is defined as a club which membership means low prices for goods and items available in the store! It is truly wonderful to know that clients are well identified and have been given the chance to enjoy what they have enrolled to. In the press con, its VP for Operations, Mr. Greg Keyer, said that the shopping center ultimately gives utmost value to its members.
2. Membership Card. Precious ticket upon entering is of course, the S & R Membership Card. There are 2 kinds of cards, the business membership and gold membership, which cost 900.00 and 700.00, respectively. What’s more in this card is you can bring three of your friends and you all enjoy the card’s benefits.
3. Fresh products and imported goods. There are certainly a lot of imported goods and items that you will find inside. When we went there, one of my friends said that most pasalubong items that her relative abroad has sent them are available in the store. Exciting, isn’t it? It feels like you’re entering a foreign-country store and just bring home groceries like pasalubong from a foreign land. Plus, they offer fresh products, like meat and veges! And oh, they have salads packed in a microwavable containers ready to be mixed.
4. New York Style Pizza. Attention pizzaholics! I have tried their pizza and I find myself eager to come back in the place. Big portion of the place is all about pizza (and food of other kinds too!). I say, this is one major reason why I have to use my membership card again and again. Aside from that, they also have this giant muffins with a lot of chocolates in it. Nomnomnom!
5. Instagrammable white wall. See that picture of me above? Well social media savvy will surely love its interiors. There is a clean white wall all around it, and I find ventilation really good.
6. Friendly and accommodating staff. S & R surely made an extensive training to their crew, and you will find each one smiling at you and waiting to be called for assistance. This is one of the things I am observant about as a costumer, because their kind of people reflects how the management handled the store and I am certain that S & R is an outstanding compliant of this.
CDO Bloggers with Mr. Greg Keyer, VP for Operations of S & R Membership Shopping.. Photo from aroundcdo.com.
Note: Store photos supplied by S & R Cagayan de Oro.